In recent years, the demand for organic products has permeated almost every aspect of our lives, and the world of alcohol is no exception. When it comes to happy hour, health is rarely at the forefront of our minds. However, as alcohol sales continue to rise across the country, it's essential to remember that there are healthier options available for those who enjoy a cocktail from time to time. Organic alcohol provides a compelling alternative for individuals seeking to imbibe responsibly.That being said, the industry got off to a slow start back in the early 2000s when they first came to market. There simply were not enough people dedicated to their health!
Today, however, as consumers become more health-conscious and environmentally aware, the appeal of organic alcoholic brands is rapidly growing. Unlike conventional alcohol, organic spirits and mixers are made from ingredients grown without synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs). By choosing organic alcohol, consumers can reduce their exposure to harmful chemicals and support agricultural practices that prioritize sustainability. In addition to the environmentally friendly aspect, these drinks often leave consumers less hungover the next day because of their cleaner ingredients. This blog post explores the burgeoning world of organic alcohol, highlighting some of the most notable and delicious organic alcoholic brands that are reshaping the way we approach happy hour.
Organic Alcoholic Brands Making Waves
With so many new canned drinks being sold these days, it's hard to know which one to choose. I did my research to track down the healthiest canned cocktails to enjoy this summer. Premade drinks aren’t just effortlessly delicious, they’re also easy to take on-the-go (as in to a socially distanced barbecue or beach outing). While these drinks boast many nutritious ingredients, keep in mind the amounts of fruit or botanicals are pretty small so don't go skipping your morning green juice. The healthiest option is probably the organic hard spirits, but those are harder to carry and transport sometimes. So, we've rounded up a complete list of all the best organic alcohols.
- Prairie Organic Spirits: Prairie Organic Vodka stands out as a leading example of high-quality organic spirits. Made from organic corn, this vodka offers a smooth and clean taste perfect for sipping or mixing in cocktails. For a refreshing summer cocktail, try mixing Prairie Organic Vodka with white cranberry juice and mint liqueur.
- Roule Rouge Organic Red Table Wine: This deep violet organic red wine is not only delicious but also affordable. Made from organic grapes, it showcases the potential for sustainability in the wine industry.
- 4 Copas Blanco Tequila: As close to the agave as you can get, 4 Copas Blanco Tequila is made from estate-grown, organically certified blue agave. This tequila is meticulously crafted to ensure a premium taste
- Loft Organic Liqueurs: Loft liqueurs come in delightful flavors such as lavender, ginger, and lemongrass. Sweetened with agave nectar and a small amount of sugar, these liqueurs are perfect for those seeking organic cocktail options
- Papagayo Organic Rum: Made in Paraguay from sugarcane grown on small family farms, Papagayo's rums have earned accolades at international rum festivals. These organic rums promise a guilt-free, flavorful experience
- Rain Organics Vodka: Rain Organics Vodka offers refreshing flavors like Cucumber Lime, Honey Mango Melon, and unflavored original. Made with organic ingredients, it's perfect for mixing into summer cocktails.
- Juniper Green Organic London Dry Gin: Crafted from organic botanicals like juniper, coriander, and angelica root, this gin boasts dry, aromatic, and zestful flavors
- Benromach Organic Single Malt Scotch Whisky: The first Soil Association certified Organic single malt whisky, Benromach Organic delights with its toffee and spice notes.
- Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal: This mezcal is made from organic agave and carries the distinct flavors of the region it's produced in. Del Maguey has been dedicated to organic production for years.
- Tarantas Organic Cava Brut: For lovers of organic bubbly, Tarantas Organic Cava Brut offers a guilt-free indulgence, wrapped in sustainability.
- Square One Organic Vodka: Not just organic vodka but also an eco-friendly, farm-to-bottle, female-owned company, Square One Organic Vodka is made from 100% USDA organic rye.
- Juneshine: Blending the goodness of probiotic-rich kombucha with alcohol, Juneshine offers hard kombucha flavors like Blood Orange Mint and Pineapple Orange, giving a health-conscious twist to your cocktail choices.
- Grainger's Deluxe Organic Vodka: This Missouri distillery uses locally grown, organic, and non-GMO certified corn to create its peppery and spicy organic vodka.
- Fatty's Organic Gin: With dill as one of the key botanicals, Fatty's gin boasts a deliciously light citrus note and is certified organic by the Soil Association.
- Oxford Artisan Distillery Organic Gin: This gin stands out for its focus on sustainability and transparency in the grains used for distillation.
- Waterford Luna: Emphasizing 'terroir' in Irish whiskey, Waterford Luna is made from rare strains of barley grown using biodynamic farming methods.
- Grgich Fumé Blanc: Produced with naturally farmed Sauvignon Blanc grapes, Grgich Fumé Blanc is a bright and refreshing wine that aligns with organic principles.
- Pulp Culture's 99-Calorie Hustle Hard-Pressed Juice: This hard-pressed juice is a unique refreshment with zero additives and added sugars, packed with naturally-occurring probiotics and B vitamins.
- Mighty Swell Watermelon Mint Spiked Spritzer: A delicious combination of crisp mint and fruity melon, this spritzer is made with clean ingredients and contains no artificial flavors or harmful additives.
As consumers become increasingly mindful of their health and environmental impact, organic alcoholic brands are rising in popularity. These brands offer a delightful array of craft cocktails and beverages that prioritize sustainability, organic ingredients, and environmentally friendly practices. They also carry the added bonus on not being a hungover (albeit you still might want to have some NextDay on hand if you plan on overindulging). By supporting organic alcohol producers, consumers can toast to a healthier future while enjoying the rich and diverse flavors these brands have to offer. Cheers to a sustainable sip!