The Benefits of Zinc and Magnesium
When we designed NextDay, we wanted a complete recovery formula that not only tastes great but delivers a scientifically backed performance boost for hangovers and general health. That's why we included zinc and magnesium.
Both zinc and magnesium are essential minerals for the body, and they offer several health benefits:
- Supports immune system function
- Helps with wound healing and tissue repair
- Plays a role in DNA synthesis and cell division
- Regulates hormone levels
- Supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence
- Helps regulate muscle and nerve function
- Maintains healthy bones
- Supports the immune system
- Helps regulate heart rhythm
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
The timing of taking these minerals can depend on the reason you are taking them. For example, if you are taking zinc for immune system support, it may be best to take it in the morning with breakfast to help support the body throughout the day.
On the other hand, if you are taking magnesium to promote relaxation and better sleep, it may be best to take it in the evening before bed.
There are several foods that are good sources of zinc and magnesium:
Foods high in zinc:
- Shellfish (such as oysters, crab, and shrimp)
- Beef, pork, and lamb
- Chicken and turkey
- Legumes (such as chickpeas, lentils, and beans)
- Nuts and seeds (such as pumpkin seeds, cashews, and almonds)
- Dairy products (such as milk, cheese, and yogurt)
Foods high in magnesium:
- Leafy greens (such as spinach, kale, and collard greens)
- Nuts and seeds (such as almonds, cashews, and pumpkin seeds)
- Whole grains (such as brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat bread)
- Legumes (such as black beans, kidney beans, and lentils)
- Dark chocolate
It's important to note that the amount of zinc and magnesium in foods can vary depending on several factors, such as soil quality, farming practices, and food processing. If you are concerned about getting enough zinc and magnesium in your diet, you may want to consider taking a daily multivitamin or mineral supplement. Ultimately, NextDay provides zinc and magnesium with high bioavailability to give you fast recovery and have you feeling your best.
Leave a comment